Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posting Date: September 2021
Scott Builders Inc. requires a highly focused, organized, motivated, hands-on Sr. Project Manager with extensive experience in a construction management/contractor environment, working on projects in commercial/light Industrial with a preference for direct project experience in Low Rise Multi Use, Recreational or Assisted-living markets. This position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the construction process on large and/or multiple project(s) as they are assigned. In addition, the Sr. Project Manager may be assigned as Project Lead on projects managed by Project Managers.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
As the Sr. Project Manager, the successful candidate will help develop and review the project scope, budget, plans and schedules. Relying on their previous experience and in conjunction with the project team the successful candidate will ensure the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, and building codes, to meet our high standard of quality construction. The Sr. Project Manager works closely with the Site Superintendent and Project Team to meet project obligations based on scope, schedule, budget and quality. Candidates with a proven track record to achieve project schedule commitments within financial targets will be given preference.
This position is responsible for client liaison, trade/vendor management, managing safety, quality, project earnings, risks and administrative functions including financial reporting, change management, staffing, and communications with all stakeholders.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in leading successful project teams through teamwork, collaboration and mentoring, with the ability to influence others, negotiate and resolve conflict. The proven ability to establish strong client and trade relationships is also crucial to the success of this position and a requirement of the Scott Builders Culture.
Candidates who submit project lists supporting assisted-living, recreational and low-rise mixed-use markets will be given preference.
• Work with pre-construction through budget and pre-planning processes
• Attend project handover meeting from pre-construction
• Coordinate project trade buyout meetings and facilitate project start up meetings for trades
• Prepare project execution plan and schedule, and establish plan for manpower and resources
• Review prime contact with client representative
• Finalize subcontractors and subcontract documents
• Establish and manage project schedule, document control processes and quality control plan
• Track productivity and performance of the project
• Responsible for project accounting, issuing purchase and change orders, generating monthly financial reports, project reports and monthly updates
• Coordinate and facilitate regular trade/consultant meetings
• Client liaison to provide updates with regards to schedule and budget and manage expectations
• Coordinate and facilitate operational review meetings, safety meetings and issue minutes
• Advise management of pending risks and seek assistance on significant risks or legal matters
• Preparation/submission of client invoicing and coordinating with client for on time payment
• Resolve trade and performance issues
• Conduct site visits regularly
• Provide guidance and mentorship to project team members including project assistants, coordinators and Jr. project managers
• Prepare the project close out procedures including punch lists, start up/handover requirements and warranties
• Manage financial collection and closeout
• Assume Project Lead role on large and/or complex commercial/industrial projects, including oversight on processes, scheduling and financials, and providing guidance and mentorship to Project Manager and team
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline (equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
• 10+ years’ project management experience in commercial construction with progressive responsibility on large, complex projects
• Gold Seal certified preferred
• PMP certification an asset
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction process, drawings/blueprints, specifications, schedules, budgets and project management methodology
• Competently manage the construction process from project start up to project closeout for mid to large projects with varying complexities
• Demonstrated experience to lead, mentor and motivate project teams with a hands-on approach from start up through completion
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders through both written and verbal communication means
• Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
• Capable of identifying the root cause of problems and constructability issues in complex situations and determine viable solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with employees and stakeholders
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore and applicable project management software
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
Scott Builders is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. We endeavor to provide accommodation at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation due to a disability.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com We thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.