Posting Date: Ongoing
Scott Builders Inc requires energetic, motivated highly skilled Commercial Carpenters responsible for performing general constructions tasks on a variety of different projects in Alberta and BC.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
The successful candidate will have previous experience planning and constructing various types of commercial buildings including wood, steel and concrete with proven ability to operate a variety of heavy equipment. Ability to read and interpret building plans/blueprints, prepare layouts in accordance to building codes and meet project timelines is critical to the success of this position. Candidates with experience working in a strong team environment will be given preference. Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices and company safety programs is of the utmost importance within the Scott Builders team and is an expectation of all employees.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• A minimum of 5 years previous commercial construction experience with a strong understanding of building codes
• Certification in Carpentry trade preferred
• Competency to operate heavy equipment with appropriate certification tickets
• Valid drivers’ license
• Fall Protection certification would be an asset
• Ability to take and understand direction and work in a team environment
• Committed to providing strong customer service
• Ability to successfully complete physical assessment testing
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and out of town
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada. We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com
We thank everyone for their interest, however due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible