• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering Architecture, Construction Management or related field. Equivalent education, training and/or experience will be considered
• Gold Seal Certificate is desirable
• 5+ years’ project management experience in commercial/industrial pre-construction with progressive responsibility on large, complex projects
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs as well as estimating, project management and scheduling software
• Working knowledge of contracts, plans, specifications, scopes, building science, scheduling, logistics and construction methodology
• Extensive practice in the areas of project management, estimating, construction costs and budgets, scheduling/phasing, purchasing, engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures, and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems
• Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures
• Defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
• Skills in building relationships through a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers as well as the design consultant community
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
Our success has been driven by our people! We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
If you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.