Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posting Date: February 2023
Scott Builders Inc. requires a highly focused, organized and motivated Site Superintendent with extensive experience working on commercial construction projects. This position will be responsible for coordinating the day to day site operations to meet the projects schedule and budget while maintaining Scott Builder’s high standard of safety and quality. Projects coordinated from our Calgary branch are located in Calgary, Southern Alberta and Southeastern/Interior BC.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is a leading design/build commercial contractor which allows us to be creative and create great workplaces for our clients. Check out our website www.scottbuilders.com to see some of the amazing projects we have been fortunate to build and bring to life for our clients.
Relying on their previous commercial construction experience, the Site Superintendent will be responsible for:
• Participating in the pre-construction and project start up meetings
• Coordinating and scheduling the work of field staff, contractors and trades on-site
• Leading job-site meetings to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression and scheduling commitments
• Effective cost control as it pertains to labor, equipment and project materials
• Ensuring the project is built according to approved plans and specifications while ensuring a high standard of quality is maintained
• Promoting and ensuring adherence to the company’s health and safety management programs ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies
• Working closely with the project team to accurately track and monitor site progress, labor and material requirements, coordinate inspections and submit reporting as required
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated leadership experience to provide guidance and direction to all field employees, contractors and trades with the ability to influence others, negotiate and resolve conflict. The proven ability to establish strong client and trade relationships is also crucial to the success of this position.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• 5+ years commercial construction experience as a Superintendent
• Gold Seal certified preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of current construction practices, drawings/blueprints, specifications, schedules and budgets
• Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
• Proven organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong knowledge of various pieces of construction equipment and its capabilities
• Capable of identifying the root cause of problems and constructability issues in complex situations and determine viable solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders (ie. client, trades, contractors)
• Working knowledge of Procore, Microsoft office and applicable software
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally
• Flexibility in working long hours and periods of overtime
• This is a site-based position and requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
• Out of Town work and traveling is a requirement of this position
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
Our success has been driven by our people! We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
If you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible