Branch Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posting Date: May 31, 2021
Scott Builders Inc. requires an energetic, organized, self-motivated Asset Coordinator responsible for the coordination, inventory control, maintenance and delivery of tools and equipment to our various project sites.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Working collaboratively with the Asset team, Project Managers and Site Superintendents, in a fast-paced team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Select, organize and prepare equipment/assets for site delivery/pick up
• Coordinate equipment transfers between shop and sites as required and complete appropriate paperwork
• Maintain control and logistics of asset/equipment location and movements
• Track outgoing shipments and verify receipt of assets
• Oversee the loading/unloading of equipment/asset deliveries
• Coordinate with rental equipment companies as required
• Ensure proper tracking of rental equipment
• Deliver assets/equipment to sites as required
• Load/Unload heavy equipment (ie. skid steer, generators, etc)
• Maintain and process accurate documentation for tracking, reporting and billing to respective projects
• Inspect condition of incoming/outgoing assets/equipment and complete appropriate documentation
• Service and maintain SBI tools and equipment and maintain appropriate maintenance logs
• Contributes to a safe work environment by complying with all company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
The successful candidate must be able to safely operate a truck and trailer and operate various heavy equipment to be able to safely load/unload equipment. Preference will be given to candidates who have a trade certificate relevant to the position and hold a valid Class 3 license with a clean driving record. We are seeking an individual who is able to quickly adapt to operational changes throughout the day, has strong customer service skills, is highly organized and has previous commercial construction and warehouse experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Previous experience working in an asset/equipment warehouse
• Previous experience in the construction industry preferred with knowledge of standard construction tools and equipment
• Trade certification in Carpentry, Millwright, Electrical or Mechanical would be an asset
• Minimum Class 5 driver’s license required however a Class 3 is preferred with a clean driving record
• Experience operating a truck and trailer, as well as heavy equipment (skid steer, forklift)
• Mechanically inclined to conduct maintenance and repairs on tools and equipment
• Knowledge of standard construction tools and equipment
• Knowledge of proper transport regulations an asset (including load securement, pre/post trip inspections, drivers log)
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
• Ability to react and respond quickly to changes and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
• Computer literacy (MS Office programs, Outlook, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills utilizing time management and prioritizing skills to meet commitments
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites as required
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Ability to pass a drug/alcohol test for employment and pre-access
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is a 100% employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.