Posting Date: July 4, 2022
Scott Builders Inc. is seeking an energetic, motivated and deadline driven Project Coordinators responsible for providing construction and administrative support for our pre-construction team and our projects team for a variety of build types and markets.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is a leading design/build commercial contractor which allows us to be creative and create great workplaces for our clients. Check out our website www.scottbuilders.com to see some of the amazing projects we have been fortunate to build and bring to life for our clients.
Working collaboratively with project teams in a strong team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for project administration activities, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration under the direction and support of the Project Manager(s) and has ownership of project documentation and reporting. The Project Coordinator assists Project Manager(s) with the preparation and execution of the work plan, construction schedule and coordination of manpower, material and equipment needs.
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline (equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
• 3+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator or related position in commercial construction industry
• Experience working on multiple projects with multiple teams
• A solid understanding of construction and safety practices and ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore and applicable project management software
• Knowledge of Alberta’s Building Codes, Municipal zoning and land use bylaws and permitting procedures, as well as local and provincial regulations and legislation as it pertains to construction, safety and employment
• Strong understanding of project management processes
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills utilizing time management techniques to meet commitments
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing needs and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
Our success has been driven by our people! We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit
and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
If you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.