Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Posting Date: March 17, 2023
Scott Builders Inc. is seeking a dynamic, highly organized, detailed oriented and motivated Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join the team! This key position within our organization is responsible for all aspects of the payroll process as well as the administration of our group benefit programs.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is an employee owned industry leading DesignBuild Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
The successful candidate will support our team by processing full payroll cycles for our hourly and salary employees accurately, efficiently and in compliance with the regulations of the jurisdictions in which we work. This will include all payroll functions including the entry of employee changes, review of timesheets, processing adjustments, garnishments/claims, ROE’s, account reconciliations, month end balancing, processing T4’s and other year end reporting as required. This position is also responsible for the administration of our benefit programs including our core benefits, health spending account, and group savings plans. The ability to research, interpret and apply various acts, regulations, policies and procedures regarding payroll administration matters for all relevant jurisdictions is critical to this role. We are looking for an individual with a keen eye to detail, and the ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise with sound analytical and critical thinking to plan, prioritize and execute the work. We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in establishing strong relationships within the team, management and operations through effective communication, collaboration, ability to influence and build trust. Experience working in a commercial construction company with working knowledge of regulations as it pertains to construction would be preferred. This position works closely with the finance team and will also be involved in cross-training and assisting with finance functions as needed.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in payroll preferably with multi-jurisdictional payroll, specifically BC, AB, SK, ON
• Experience with group benefit and savings plan (RRSP) administration
• Post-Secondary diploma in a business-related discipline (a combination of relevant industry experience and education may be considered)
• A Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification or working towards this certification is required
• Previous experience in the construction industry preferred
• Previous experience with implementation of payroll systems preferred
• Knowledge of payroll systems, processes and internal controls
• Strong understanding of provincial standards and tax legislation as it relates to payroll
• Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve payroll and benefit related issues related to regulations, laws and policies
• Proficient in using MS Office products and an ability to prepare ad hoc reports using Excel
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Motivated individual with proven initiative.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Strong customer service focus
• Ability to adapt to and learn new software
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key external stakeholders
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to branches/sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.