Branch Location: Various locations, Alberta
Scott Builders Inc. is seeking expressions of interest for Project Managers with extensive experience working on projects in Commercial/Light Industrial with direct project experience in warehouse, low rise multi-use, recreational or assisted-living markets.
The purpose of this expression of interest is to identify potential candidates that would be interested in joining Scott Builders to meet the needs of our project work anticipated and scheduled in 2022.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the construction process on the project(s) they are assigned including the project scope, budget, plans and schedules. Relying on previous experience and in collaboration with the project team this position is responsible to ensure the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, and building codes, to meet our high standard of quality construction. Candidates with a proven track record to achieve project schedule commitments within financial targets while providing a high level of client satisfaction will be given preference. Candidates should strong advocates for ensuring the health and safety of all workers and maintaining compliance with all regulations and policies.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience in leading successful project teams through teamwork and collaboration, with the ability to influence others, negotiate and resolve conflict. The proven ability to establish strong client and trade relationships is also crucial to the success of this position and a requirement of the Scott Builders Culture.
• Work with pre-construction through budget and pre-planning processes
• Attend project handover meeting from pre-construction
• Coordinate project trade buyout meetings and facilitate project start up meetings for trades
• Prepare project execution plan and schedule, and establish plan for manpower and resources
• Review prime contact with client representative
• Finalize subcontractors and subcontract documents
• Establish and manage project schedule, document control processes and quality control plan
• Track productivity and performance of the project
• Responsible for project accounting, issuing purchase and change orders, generating monthly financial reports, project reports and monthly updates
• Coordinate and facilitate regular trade/consultant meetings
• Client liaison to provide updates with regards to schedule and budget and manage expectations
• Coordinate and facilitate operational review meetings, safety meetings and issue minutes
• Advise management of pending risks and seek assistance on significant risks or legal matters
• Preparation/submission of client invoicing and coordinating with client for on time payment
• Resolve trade and performance issues
• Conduct site visits regularly
• Provide guidance and mentorship to project team members including project assistants and coordinators
• Prepare the project close out procedures including punch lists, start up/handover requirements and warranties
• Manage financial collection and closeout
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline (equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
• 5+ years’ project management experience in commercial/industrial construction
• PMP certification an asset
• Knowledge of construction process, drawings/blueprints, specifications, schedules, budgets and project management methodology
• Competently manage the design and construction process from project start up to project closeout for small to mid size projects with varying complexities
• Demonstrated experience to lead and motivate project teams with a hands-on approach from start up through completion
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders through both written and verbal communication means
• Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
• Problem solving ability to identify areas of concern, determine root cause and provide viable solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with employees and stakeholders
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore and applicable project management software
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
We provide an excellent work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
Candidates who successfully meet our requirements will be placed in our candidate pool and may be contacted once a vacancy opens. If you would like to express your interest in joining our team, please submit your Letter of Interest and Resume in confidence to: email@example.com.
Scott Builders is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. We endeavor to provide accommodation at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation due to a disability.