Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posting Date: April 7, 2021
Scott Builders Inc. requires a highly focused, organized and motivated Sr. Project Manager with extensive experience working on projects in Commercial/Light Industrial with a preference for direct Project experience in Low Rise Multi Use, Recreational or Assisted-living markets. This position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the construction process on large and/or multiple project(s) as they are assigned. The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for leading the project team to execute project plans and schedules to achieve expected budgets and scope while ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
As the Project Manager, the successful candidate will help develop and review the project scope, budget, plans and schedules. Relying on their previous experience and in conjunction with the project team the successful candidate will ensure the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, and building codes, to meet our high standard of quality construction. Candidates with a proven track record to achieve project schedule commitments within financial targets will be given preference. The successful candidate will be a strong advocate for our health and safety management program ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in leading successful project teams through teamwork, collaboration and mentoring, with the ability to influence others, negotiate and resolve conflict. The proven ability to establish strong client and trade relationships is also crucial to the success of this position and a requirement of the Scott Builders Culture.
Candidates who submit project lists and client references supporting assisted-living, recreational and low-rise mixed-use markets will be given preference.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline (equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
• 10+ years’ project management experience in commercial construction with progressive responsibility on large, complex projects
• Gold Seal certified preferred
• PMP certification an asset
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction process, drawings/blueprints, specifications, schedules, budgets and project management methodology
• Competently manage the construction process from project start up to project closeout for mid to large projects with varying complexities
• Demonstrated experience to lead, mentor and motivate project teams with a hands-on approach from start up through completion
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders through both written and verbal communication means
• Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
• Capable of identifying the root cause of problems and constructability issues in complex situations and determine viable solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with employees and stakeholders
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore and applicable project management software
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Scott Builders Inc. is a 100% employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Scott Builders is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. We endeavor to provide accommodation at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation due to a disability.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank everyone for their interest, however due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.