Branch Location: Calgary, Alberta
Scott Builders Inc. requires an energetic, motivated and deadline driven Project Coordinator responsible for providing construction and administrative support for commercial projects in a variety of markets.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
Working collaboratively with project teams in a strong team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for project administration activities, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration under the direction and support of the Project Manager(s) and has ownership of project documentation and reporting. The Project Coordinator assists Project Manager(s) with the preparation and execution of the work plan, construction schedule and coordination of manpower, material and equipment needs. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a recognized technical diploma in a related field. A strong understanding of the commercial construction industry, along with knowledge of Alberta’s building codes and permitting processes, will be beneficial in this position.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• Technical diploma in an appropriate construction-related field (CET), or equivalent construction experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator or related position in commercial construction industry
• Experience working on multiple projects with multiple teams
• A solid understanding of construction and safety practices and ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ProCore and applicable project management software
• Knowledge of Alberta’s Building Codes, Municipal zoning and land use bylaws and permitting procedures, as well as local and provincial
regulations and legislation as it pertains to construction, safety and employment
• Strong understanding of project management processes
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills utilizing time management techniques to meet commitments
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing needs and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is a 100% employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to HiringCalgary@scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible
You are currently on the Project Coordinator profile page