Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posting Date: May 11, 2022
Scott Builders Inc. is seeking a results-driven, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to direct the business functions of our steel division to achieve divisional and corporate objectives, maintain client relationships and generate new business. Experience working in a commercial construction company with a strong understanding of pre-engineered and conventional steel would be ideal.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is an employee owned industry leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
As the Manager of the steel division, the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing business strategies and setting goals to achieve corporate objectives. The ideal candidate must have strong business acumen to drive sales, improve revenue, maintain and build strong client relations, and oversee all aspects of business functions for the division. They will have strong management and leadership qualities to hire, support, manage and develop employees, a good understanding of market trends with the ability to generate new business opportunities, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, provide a high level of customer service, the ability to engage with vendors and have a positive influence within the industry.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in establishing strong relationships within the team, management and operations through effective communication, collaboration, ability to influence and build trust.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field. Equivalent education and experience may be considered
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with progressively more responsibility in commercial construction/steel industry
• Demonstrated experience in a supervisory and/or management role
• Strong knowledge of operations and business processes (finance, HR, procurement).
• Ability to identify key issues and find solutions to overcome them.
• Strong understanding of financial management (budgeting, projections, invoicing)
• Demonstrated project management skills with ability to create realistic schedules and budgets
• Ability to understand and interpret information from a variety of sources, including blueprints, plans and written specifications, in order to select proper materials and the needed amounts for the project
• Ability to create, grow and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, vendors and co-workers
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders through both written and verbal communication means
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills utilizing well-developed time management techniques to meet commitments
• Ability to identify risks associated with contract/project documents, adapt and respond to changing needs and effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with effective conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, support, and guide staff
• Able to proficiently use a variety of and learn new computerized applications, particularly project management and financial software, spreadsheets and database systems
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to branches/sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
If you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.