Branch Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posting Date: July 7, 2021
Scott Builders Inc. is seeking a client focused, tech savvy IT Administrator to join our team! This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to have a varied scope of work from end-user support, hardware/software installation/maintenance, management of networks, severs and operating systems to ensuring security of systems through audits.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is an employee owned industry leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
The IT Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the company’s in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This position will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
• Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, etc.
• Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other avenues of communication
• Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices including mobile devices such as cell phones, air cards, tablets and printers
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
• Manage servers, including e-mail, SQL, Filemaker, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software
• Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems
• Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and UPSs
• Manage all workstations, laptops, tablets, cell phones, air cards and other technical devices
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
• Conduct server and security audits and perform system backups and recovery
• Ensure network connectivity of all workstations and monitor/test network performance
• Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
• Plan, develop and facilitate end-user training as required
• Assists with IT project management as necessary
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience in an IT support capacity in a small/medium sized business setting preferably in a Microsoft network environment
• Post Secondary diploma in computer science or related field, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
• Demonstrated continued development to remain current and up to date on technologies and trends
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 – 2016, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SQL, VMWare
• Certifications: A+, MCP, MCSE or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, Routing, VPN, LAN/WAN topologies
• Understanding of commonly deployed networking and telecommunications technologies and protocols and corporate security
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose problems, provide support for a wide range of applications and perform repairs on IT assets
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with both technical and non-technical parts of the organization
• High level of commitment to providing exemplary customer service
• Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to multitask, working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks
• Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to present and conduct presentations at meetings as required
• Aptitude and interest for researching and learning new technologies as they emerge
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime (evenings/weekends) and travel to branches/sites on occasion
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial drivers license
• Must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor employment Visas.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible