Service & Maintenance Technician (2)
Branch Location: Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
Posting Date: July 15, 2022
Scott Builders Inc. requires two (2) highly skilled, organized, self-motivated Service & Maintenance Technicians to join our Edmonton and Calgary teams. The technician is responsible to perform a wide range of skilled construction tasks including construction or renovation of buildings, maintenance and repair of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment at a level not requiring formal licensing. Assists with the coordination of services of trades for maintenance and/or repairs outside the scope of the position.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders is a leading design/build commercial contractor which allows us to be creative and create great workplaces for our clients.
Job Summary & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working collaboratively with operations and as an independent service line within Scott Builders, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Provide estimates for repair or replacement costs based on the clients scope of work following blueprints/schematics and determine internal and/or external personnel requirements for the work
- Perform carpentry work in the construction, maintenance, repair, remodeling and alteration of building structures and facilities according to work orders which includes but is not limited to the repair of doors, windows, window frames, floors, walls, ceilings and partitions. Installs, repairs, and finishes sheetrock/drywall, paints interior and exterior finishes, installs finished hardware such as door locks, hinges, door checks, and installs floor coverings such as linoleum tile. Constructs minor buildings or small additions to existing structures and makes minor roofing repairs.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs on electrical, plumbing and heating/cooling components
- Coordinate and schedule trades required for repairs and maintenance outside the scope of this position on behalf of the client
- Protect client property from damage during projects and restore office areas and facilities to their original condition at the completion of work.
- Document the cost of repairs by keeping records of time and materials to be charged to each job and submit to administration for invoicing.
- Practice preventive maintenance of tools and equipment as directed or specified in the operator’s manual and returning damaged tools and equipment for repair or replacement.
- Comply with policies, laws, and regulations governing environmental protection, safety, hazardous waste disposal, and the use of chemical substances and materials common to construction and maintenance work.
- Contribute to a safe work environment by complying with operator’s instructions for the use of power tools and wearing protective equipment, reporting incidents, and following standard safety precautions during work.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages professionalism, respect and integrity when dealing with clients
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years in commercial construction and general carpentry with the ability to work with drywall, framing, minor electrical, minor plumbing and exterior work
- Previous experience in HVAC, plumbing or electrical required
- Technical training in one or more trades is preferred
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license required
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions related to the trade in which work is performed
- Strong understanding of building codes
- Ability to read, understand and follow specific instructions and procedures based on clients requirements, blueprints and schematics
- Ability to construct, maintain and repair various types of structures and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to react and respond quickly to changes and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
- Ability to handle conflict in a constructive, positive and professional manner
- Computer literacy (MS Office programs, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills utilizing time management and prioritizing skills to meet commitments
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites as required
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
- Ability to perform physical job duties, which may include bending, lifting, kneeling, climbing, twisting, etc. and successfully complete a physical demands assessment
- Ability to meet client pre-access requirements as required
Our success has been driven by our people! Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
If you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.