Location: Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta
Posting Date: December 3, 2020
Scott Builders Inc. requires a charismatic, client focused Sr. Business Development Manager with proven success to secure new construction projects through well-established client relationships.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
As a trusted advisor with established client relationships, previous sales experience and strong working knowledge of commercial construction, this position will leverage their network of business contacts and relationships to secure new projects. Working collaboratively with the Branch Managers, Business Development & Pre-Construction Teams, this position will identify, pursue and establish new opportunities essential to our organizational growth within new and current markets in Western Canada.
The successful candidate will be an expert at researching and analyzing potential opportunities for growth in geographic locations and markets, and providing the leadership team with up to date market trends and ongoing analysis of the current business environment. They will have a strong ability to connect with potential clients and partners to identify new opportunities for an array of commercial construction projects. They will continue to grow and develop industry networks with key influencers and leaders of corporate business, governments, real estate, architectural and engineering firms.
The ideal candidate will drive growth with entrepreneurial thinking and have a highly self-motivated attitude. Maintaining relationships with strategic client representatives and leveraging existing contacts and business relationships, the successful candidate will actively pursue new business and foster relationships with key business partners.
We are looking for a candidate with an excellent reputation in the commercial construction industry with a proven record of exceeding financial and business development targets.
With strong technical knowledge, they will work closely with the estimating and operations teams to draft complex bids/proposals, leveraging both internal and external resources and assist with sales closings.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in the field of construction (equivalent commercial construction experience and education may be considered)
• 10+ years of technical experience in commercial construction, estimating and/or project management
• 10+ years of previous sales and business development experience in the commercial construction and/or real estate and land development industry
• Professional industry credentials would be a strong asset
• Proven knowledge and understanding of various construction delivery methods (Design-Build, Bid-Build, and Construction Management)
• Understanding of pre-construction process including sales, design, estimating and closing a definite asset
• Able to use technical knowledge to gain trust and respect of current and prospective clients and partners
• Experience drafting proposals and responding to complex RFP’s (Request for Proposal)
• Proven experience populating and maintaining client relationship management (CRM) software
• Maintains an established network of clients, realtors, developers and landowners
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and operations teams
• Ability to negotiate and communicate at all levels is essential
• Demonstrated experience problem solving with critical thinking that results in a solution that is in the best interests of the company and our clients
• Sound knowledge of real estate and development markets in Western Canada
• Able to travel extensively
• Previous experience and proven ability to train and mentor others would be an asset
Scott Builders Inc. is a 100% employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank everyone for their interest, however due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.