Branch Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posting Date: January 17, 2022
Scott Builders Inc. requires an energetic, organized, self-motivated Asset Coordinator responsible for the coordination, inventory control, maintenance and delivery of tools and equipment to our various project sites.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Working collaboratively with the Asset team, Project Managers and Site Superintendents, in a fast-paced team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Inspect condition of incoming/outgoing assets/equipment and complete appropriate documentation
• Conduct repairs and scheduled maintenance on all Scott Builders construction related tools and equipment
• Conduct scheduled service and maintenance on vehicles and heavy equipment
• Maintain accurate records of all repairs and maintenance
• Assist with repairs at worksites as required
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to missing/damaged tools/equipment and/or related documentation
• Select, organize and prepare equipment/assets for site delivery/pick up
• Coordinate equipment transfers between shop and sites as required and complete appropriate paperwork
• Maintain control and logistics of asset/equipment location and movements for tracking/billing purposes
• Track outgoing shipments and verify receipt of assets
• Oversee the loading/unloading of equipment/asset deliveries
• Coordinate with rental equipment companies as required
• Ensure proper tracking of rental equipment
• Deliver assets/equipment to sites as required
• Load/Unload heavy equipment (ie. skid steer, generators, etc)
• Provide a high level of quality service to internal customers
• Contributes to a safe work environment by complying with all company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
The successful candidate must be able to safely operate a truck and trailer and operate various heavy equipment to be able to safely load/unload equipment. Preference will be given to candidates who have a trade certificate relevant to the position and hold a valid Class 3 license with a clean driving record. We are seeking an individual who is able to quickly adapt to operational changes throughout the day, has strong customer service skills, is highly organized and has previous commercial construction and warehouse experience.
• Trade certification in Carpentry, Millwright, Electrical or Mechanical
• Previous experience working in an asset/equipment warehouse.
• Experience servicing and maintaining tools, heavy equipment, and vehicles
• Previous experience in the construction industry preferred with knowledge of standard construction tools and equipment
• Minimum Class 5 driver’s license required however a Class 3 is preferred with a clean driving record
• Experience operating a truck and trailer, as well as heavy equipment (skid steer, forklift)
• Mechanically inclined to conduct maintenance and repairs on various construction and electrical tools, equipment and vehicles
• Knowledge of standard construction tools and equipment
• Knowledge of proper transport regulations an asset (including load securement, pre/post trip inspections, drivers log)
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
• Ability to react and respond quickly to changes and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
• Computer literacy (MS Office programs, Outlook, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills utilizing time management and prioritizing skills to meet commitments
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites as required
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Ability to perform physical job duties, which may include bending, lifting, kneeling, climbing, twisting, etc. and successfully complete a physical demands assessment
• Ability to meet client pre-access requirements as required
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible
You are currently on the Asset (Tools/Equipment) Coordinator profile page