Posting Date: August 2023
Scott Builders Inc. requires a self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented Asset Administrator responsible for providing general administrative support for the Department.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
JOB summary & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working collaboratively with the Asset team and Operations in a fast-paced team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Create and issue purchase orders as directed
• Review invoices to ensure accuracy
• Match PO’s to invoices, code and enter into system
• Track invoices on job costing spreadsheet
• Administration of monthly accounting activities, including but not limited to accounts payable, visa coding/entry, expense reports, invoicing, timekeeping, and equipment coding for asset department
• Maintain equipment in asset tracking system (new equipment, deployment/return, stolen/missing, state of repair, etc.)
• Review asset reports on a monthly basis and follow up with operations on inventory discrepancies
• Maintain asset rate sheets and update project specific rates
• Maintain company vehicle spreadsheet by tracking vehicle issuance, maintenance, repairs, etc
• Review GPS monitoring system monthly and provide driving reports to management
• Oversee administration for company vehicle assignments
• Monitor inventory of safety supplies and equipment and order supplies as required
• Track safety equipment, supplies and inventory assigned to projects
• Track safety equipment that needs to be inspected or recertified
• Support the Asset Team in the management of department process and customer communication
• Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with asset team, vendors, and operations
• Become proficient in the use of company software and programs to be able to train and support the department
• Other support tasks as necessary including but not limited to answering and directing phone calls, greeting visitors and distributing mail
• Contributes to a safe work environment by complying with all company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
• Post secondary education in administration or a related discipline preferred (may consider combination of education and experience)
• 2+ years of experience in an administrative position preferably in a warehouse or parts department
• Understanding of commercial construction industry an asset
• Experience with accounting administration (accounts payable, visa coding, invoicing)
• Experience working on multiple projects with multiple teams
• Strong working knowledge of Office 365 and financial software
• Exceptional organizational skills utilizing well-developed time management techniques to consistently meet timelines and commitments in a high-volume, deadline driven work environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with various individuals/stakeholders (written and verbal)
• Ability to react and respond quickly to changes and effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems/issues as they arise
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and strong relationships, committed to providing a high level of customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is an employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide a collaborative work environment, opportunities for development and growth, as well as a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary, benefit and savings plan, and the opportunity to be an owner!
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to: HR@Scottbuilders.com We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible