Branch Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Project/Job Location: December 16, 2019
Posting Date: December 31, 2019
Scott Builders Inc. requires an energetic, motivated and creative Architectural Technologist responsible for creating preliminary design work for commercial buildings in a variety of markets.
Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth.
Working closely with the sales team, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating architectural designs and preliminary drawings for our clients utilizing their previous experience developing design renderings, site plans and floor plans. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a recognized Architectural Technology program. A strong understanding of the commercial construction industry, along with knowledge of Alberta’s building codes and permitting processes, will be beneficial in this position. Candidates with experience working collaboratively in a strong team environment will be given preference.
To qualify for this position, successful applicants will possess the following requirements
• Architectural Technologist diploma or related discipline from a recognized post secondary institution
• A minimum of 5 years previous experience in the field of architectural design, with preference given to those candidates with experience in commercial/industrial and office design
• A strong understanding of the construction industry is considered an asset
• Demonstrated skills and experience in conceptual design and drawings using design software
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCad and MS Office Suite, with sound working knowledge of SketchUp and Enscape
• Strong working knowledge of project design process and programming
• Knowledge of Alberta’s Building Codes, Municipal zoning and land use bylaws and permitting procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present designs to clients
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Committed to providing strong customer service both internally and externally
• Flexibility in working periods of overtime and travel to sites on occasion
• Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety practices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Scott Builders Inc. is a 100% employee owned, leading Design-Build Construction Management firm based in Alberta, with projects throughout Western Canada.
We provide an excellent work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Our success has been driven by the people in our organization and if you would like to join our team, send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest, however due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Drop us a line and we will return your message as soon as possible
You are currently on the Architectural Technologist/Designer profile page